Whenever i was trying to open any link in new window/tab, I was getting a blank idle tab. I was facing this problem for last few months but finally got solution which i wanted to share with you guys. I’ve tried these following solutions but none was able to solve it.
- Tried using IE9 with “no add-ons” mode
- Rolled back to ie8 & then re-install IE9 again
- Reset default settings from Advanced Internet Options
- Deleted temporary Internet files, cookies, history… etc.
- Used “Microsoft fix it”
- & also tried “cmd” file from Microsoft that solves such problems “ie8-rereg.32on64.
Follow these methods:
Step 1: Boot into safe mode with networking and see if the issue persists.
See Advanced start-up options (including safe mode) for instructions on booting into safe mode with networking.
Note: Wireless connection may not work in safe mode with networking. I’d recommend you to use the wired internet connection in safe mode with networking.
Step 2: If the issue does not occur in safe mode, boot your system in a clean boot state (in normal mode) to troubleshoot the issue.
Note: After troubleshooting, ensure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.
Access the following link and refer to OnyXxL’s response posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 to fix the issue: